Winter Project - Park Topmount Resto

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

Re: Winter Project - Park Topmount Resto

Postby LD50 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:23 am

Wonder if one of those hoarders has a piece of that same colour levant (black on green) to spare? I have picked up a similar era (late 65?) JTM45 (pics to follow) that is without its rear panel :mrgreen:
Weirdly I have a 100w spare rear exactly the right colour :roll:
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Clanger on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:55 pm

Kuli wrote:Looking for grill cloth for your project? I think this will do:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-Selmer- ... NA:US:3160

Maybe win the auction or contact the winner of the auction, he might wants to change the grill cloth anyway...

Thanks for the heads up Kuli, much apreciated.
"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Postby Clanger on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Dai wrote:
Clanger wrote:Not sure popcorn would cut it.

What do they call those wackos that hang out in Montana with a years supply of everything? Maybe if there was an emoticon for their food stash? :shock:

"new world hoarders"?

I like it. How do you fight the New World Order, why move out to Montana and be a New World Hoarder.
"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Postby Clanger on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 pm

LD50 wrote:Wonder if one of those hoarders has a piece of that same colour levant (black on green) to spare? I have picked up a similar era (late 65?) JTM45 (pics to follow) that is without its rear panel :mrgreen:
Weirdly I have a 100w spare rear exactly the right colour :roll:

I expect Abbeystudios can fix you up ok, mind you it will likely be 25 x two inch squares at $500 a pop. :lol:
Clanger
Knight

Postby Dai on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Clanger wrote:
Dai wrote:
Clanger wrote:Not sure popcorn would cut it.

What do they call those wackos that hang out in Montana with a years supply of everything? Maybe if there was an emoticon for their food stash? :shock:

"new world hoarders"?

I like it. How do you fight the New World Order, why move out to Montana and be a New World Hoarder.

I think they are actually referred to as "survivalists" (may not be how they refer to themselves), but I suppose "New World Hoarder" sort of fits their outlook. I should trademark it, and sell them T-shirts! :lol: 8)
Dai
Baron

Postby API on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Good news, just got a mail from Eric Collins and he is now doing the Park pinstripe as well!!
1966 JTM45/100, 1967 "1959" Super Lead, 1967 "1961" JMP 4x10" Mk I Bluesbreaker, 1967 "1962" JMP 2x12" Mk I Bluesbreaker, 1967 "1973" Master Reverb 18w combo, 1963 AC30, 1964 AC15 Twin, 1963 Watkins Dominator, 1965 Princetone Reverb, 1957 Gibson GA-40 Les Paul, 1962 Gibson GA-40 LP, 1962 Epiphone Pathfinder
API
Page

Postby 57lpjr on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm

API wrote:Good news, just got a mail from Eric Collins and he is now doing the Park pinstripe as well!!

That is very good news!!!
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby Clanger on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 pm

57lpjr wrote:
API wrote:Good news, just got a mail from Eric Collins and he is now doing the Park pinstripe as well!!

That is very good news!!!

+1000. If this turns out the way I hope it will, I will be a very happy camper. I could be pompus and say 'All things come to he who waits' but the reality is I'm a lazy $%^& who keeps not getting round to it.

I did size up a bit of NOS RS cloth that I have in the vaults, but didn't have the heart to start cutting when ultimately, though period correct, it would be the wrong stuff,

Thanks for the heads up :cheers:

Looks like I need to contact Mr Collins then start nagging Mr Wallace for a selector OPT.
Clanger
Knight

Postby LD50 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Clanger wrote:
.........then start nagging Mr Wallace for a selector OPT.

Just about to drop the $$$ for the one I ordered as he e-mailed me to say they are in (thanks to having an original to teardown courtesy of another 'special alloy' forum member!) No selectors come with it with it but I succumbed and bought a single 4/8/16 black paxolin one from the French guy on ebay. Nice piece that will match the other one on the dual OT amp.
LD50
Prince

Postby Clanger on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm

LD50 wrote:
Clanger wrote:
.........then start nagging Mr Wallace for a selector OPT.

Just about to drop the $$$ for the one I ordered as he e-mailed me to say they are in (thanks to having an original to teardown courtesy of another 'special alloy' forum member!) No selectors come with it with it but I succumbed and bought a single 4/8/16 black paxolin one from the French guy on ebay. Nice piece that will match the other one on the dual OT amp.

Oh, so things have moved on ? So at the risk of being told to do my own research, what is the deal - Brian does the tranny, then the customer buys and installs the selector? Any ideas on prices ? and could you share the link to the French selector guy, as I've not got it ?

Thanks!
Clanger
Knight

Postby LD50 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 pm

The OT is a special order so $150 plus shipping (plus VAT and customs etc :roll: ).

The selectors are here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330938882906?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_315wt_962

I e-mailed and he listed just one on French ebay as a BIN. They are not cheap but impossible to find NOS or even used without an amp attached to them. He says they are expensive to make and I believe him now I have one in my possession.
The message on Brian's site says they ar eonly shipping trannies with Hammerite covers which is a shame but I have a spare pair of old end bells with patina but without numbers stamped on so I will sacrifice one of those to install the selctor. I have a greenlee punch the correct size which is very handy :D
LD50
Prince

Postby Clanger on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:53 am

Well doesn't time fly..

Anyway, the head box has moved on, a bit. The paint removal project was an utter bit$h, far too east to take the green tint off as well. Some of the paint was dried out and pickable, other was gooey and rubber, total nightmare, So I did what I could and called a halt.

On the upside the vents from North Coast are absolutely perfect, and really set it off.

Next will be some grill cloth. How do I contact Mr Collins?

Clanger
Knight

Postby Clanger on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:54 am

Clanger
Knight

Postby LD50 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

More, more!

Where is the amp and OT - is it working yet?

Are you getting Park EC cloth?

Wonder what else he is doing?
LD50
Prince

Postby Clanger on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Wotcha Neil,

Not much more progress elsewhere yet, but soon hopefully! I thought I'd better get a pic or two up to motivate myself..

I have got a 3 position selector, but it was a random ebay spot and I need to check it's the right size to go on the OPT you got me..Then summer holidays allowing I'll be begging a go with your greenlee cutter...

Chassis needs a bit of a clean, an some new Electrolytics. I'd really like to get something period correct but what are the chances...may end up with F&T's or something. Then some OP tubes, I was wondering about Shuguang KT66's are they still well regarded?

Yes I need contact details to get the Park cloth that apparently Mr Collins does, - anyone know?
Clanger
Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Marshall