Marshall 18 watt, help with authentication.

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

Marshall 18 watt, help with authentication.

Postby toguitars on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:30 am

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping I can get some help from a forum member that knows vintage 18 watts.
I recently sold 2 amps, both 2x 10 combo 1973 model. One is 240v and the other is 120v.
I had owned them for 17 years and got them from a reliable source.
The new owner has doubts after 5 months.
Reading a few post on this forum, it looks like user name Banker knows his vintage Marshalls.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:cheers:
toguitars
Peasant

Re: Marshall 18 watt, help with authentication.

Postby silverface82 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Yes,
My new website will be up as soon as I get done working on it...this will be the bluesbreaker association photography cross-reference data base.
This will be a resource for all people great and small to help them further understand these amps.
I will let you know when it is finished and I apologize if my post have worried people about the originality of there amps or if people have wildly commented with no evidence or pictures to back up there argument.
silverface82
Certified

Postby silverface82 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Special thanks to LD50 and bygonetones for helping me learn new things here and there.
NedB may be right about the handle...it is a pretty rare handle and only time will tell (more cross-referencing).
silverface82
Certified

Postby silverface82 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 pm

My new website is up.
It is "bluesbreaker-data".
Really its just a bunch of pictures, probably too many pictures as they will no longer let me edit the site?
I may have to make several sites to accomodate this amount of information?
Check it out!

https://fredsweet0.wixsite.com/bluesbreaker-data
silverface82
Certified

Postby Banker on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 am

silverface82 wrote:This will be a resource for all people great and small to help them further understand these amps. I will let you know when it is finished and I apologize if my post have worried people about the originality of there amps or if people have wildly commented with no evidence or pictures to back up there argument.

Well, you're off to a poor start. A couple of points:

1. you're posting many pictures of outright fake amps, which is a massive disservice to the vintage Marshall community;
2. you're selling two fake amps via your website, and you've been told repeatedly that they're fake. Your serial 7003 amp came from Joe Ganzler, and I told him it was fake before he sold it on, presumably to you;
3. you are using some of my photos, without my permission. I will email you separately and require that you remove them.

You're progressing from being stubbornly ignorant to being outright dangerous and, I would argue, fraudulent.
When only pinstripe will do.
Banker
Squire

Return to Marshall