Has Photobucket Painted Itself Into a Corner?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Has Photobucket Painted Itself Into a Corner?

Postby jaywalker on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:11 am

jaywalker
Baron

Re: Has Photobucket Painted Itself Into a Corner?

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Well, it appears to be a picture of my new guitar, but there's an annoying picture under it that I'm sure will eventually end my use of photobucket. Got this from "Starshine" on eBay, it's basically the same as a $10,000 Gibson for $450 w/case. Sounds great.... awesome finish, light, extremely playable........ Now when you consider I could get a year of photobucket for $400, or this guitar without case for $360.......... well doesn't take an Einstein to do the math on that

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Yes, Photobucket is toast. As you can see, the LAME PHOTOBUCKET picture of my sunglasses no longer says "GIVE PHOTOBUCKET 400 A YEAR" and that's because I created a FB Photo Album and stored my picture there, then right mouse button clicked on it to get the VIEW PICTURE option, did that and copy and pasted the FB address into my signature.

Problem Solved. Total cost about 5 minutes (mostly spent trying to find the original picture)

GOODBYE PHOTOBUCKET
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 am

Hey guys, haven't been around in while.. I'm using dropbox now, public/ folder. Replace ?dl=0 with ?raw=1 at the end of the url, good to go. I also found out if you decide to move the photos around below the public/ directory the urls still work.

Jamie
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge