Poor Man's Model D Synth

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Poor Man's Model D Synth

Postby Jamie on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Behringer Model D preorder @ $299. Always liked the Moog Model D from the 70s. Tempting..

Last edited by Jamie on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Baron

Re: Poor Man's Model D Synth

Postby Jamie on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Jamie wrote:

:thumbsup:

I'm pretty happy with the low budget korg I bought a couple years ago, only fixed sounds, but all the ones I want...

I find myself playing that biggo honkin' pipe organ a lot, sounds like Bella Lugosi or Vincent Price should come walking in the door in costume!

Latest toy is a BOSS DR880 man, what a drum machine deluxe that is....... used $230...........

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Jamie on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Ha... That drum machine is interesting.. I have an old Alesis drum machine which is almost unusable, pads aren't very responsive. I picked up a used korg m3r dirt cheap a couple of years ago. It fits that niche but nothing like an moog. I preordered at sweetwater. They are suppose to be out in Dec 2017.

Jamie
Baron

Postby pckpat on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Yes Behringer has really given some of the old established synth outfits a bit of a kick in the pants. They are not quite there yet, but I think they are great tools at the price- which is esp. attractive to us six-stringers who perhaps don't need a top-of-the-line kybd. instrument. Much as I have always liked the Mini-Moog sounds, this is the one that has me most interested...https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/behringer-deepmind-12
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Jamie on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:07 am

pckpat wrote:Yes Behringer has really given some of the old established synth outfits a bit of a kick in the pants. They are not quite there yet, but I think they are great tools at the price- which is esp. attractive to us six-stringers who perhaps don't need a top-of-the-line kybd. instrument. Much as I have always liked the Mini-Moog sounds, this is the one that has me most interested...https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/behringer-deepmind-12

That is interesting. I'd like to see a reasonable ARP 2600 clone. I have a KeyStep controller on the way I'll be using with the model d. It's one of the few minis that have a midi 5 pin din out. A lot of bang for the $. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y42XWM4

Jamie
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge