AC10 SRT

AC4, AC10, AC10 Twin, AC10 Reverb Twin, AC15, AC15 Twin, AC30 Twin, AC30 Super Twin, Top-Boost, Non-Top-Boost, AC50, AC100, 710, 760, 7120

Re: AC10 SRT

Postby voxjunior on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:06 pm

The first link does look like an AC50. I counted the number of diamonds on the cloth both horizontally and vertically and they match up with a big box AC50 head pictured on another page of the VSR. The bottom cabinet is likely an AC30 and not a big box AC50 though. Vox probably just needed to get a catalog out in the U.S. so complete accuracy did not matter.
Outside the gates of Cerdes, sits the two-pronged unicorn,
Plays at relaxation time, the rhinestone flugelhorn.
voxjunior
Squire

Postby Mr. dB on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:03 am

Blind Lemon Chitlin wrote:I am working on a prototype now. This first BLC10SRT will be on and AC15 type chassis. Hopefully, I can have it up and running shortly. I do like the blank deluxe type chassis. Can anyone here give me the real chassis measurements of an original AC10SRT ?? This will help me decide on a fender type chassis...( deluxe, deluxe reverb, or Princeton ) type. A big Thank You goes out to Dougch for his Massive contribution to this project...

BLC

What transformer set are you using?
Mr. dB
Prince

Postby Blind Lemon Chitlin on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:31 am

Mr.db, for the prototype I am just using some trannys that I have collected. I have looked for old vintage transformers on ebay and elsewhere for 20+ years and have quite a few. For several years there seemed to be a lot of folks parting out old Hammond organs and extension cabs as well as Conn and other tube type organs. I found that some of these transformers are the exact physical size as the old JMI trannys used and were also electronically close enough.

BLC
"The Little Amp Builder" who "Big Brother" V*x / K*RG thought needed to be "Policed"

"Big Brother is Watching You"
George Orwell's - 1984
Blind Lemon Chitlin
Knight

Previous

Return to Vox