FS-Heriatge Colonial Head, Ex++ Cond. LOW PRICE

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

FS-Heriatge Colonial Head, Ex++ Cond. LOW PRICE

Postby Nickcha on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Heritage Colonial Amp:

I am selling a Heritage Colonial Amp in like-new condition with a cover. I’ve never gigged this amp and it still has the factory plastic covering the logo. This is an awesome 2 EL35 50w single ch., 2 stage amp. There has been a good deal of commentary about this amp on TheGearPage.com (and other forums), extolling it as a true 50w Plexi-meets-Bassman style gigging amp.

Here is a thread on TheGearPage.com, discussing the virtues of the Colonial:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ial&page=4

The Front End…
Like a Marshall, the Colonial 2 separate gain stages, Normal and Bright. But that’s where the Colonial leaves the limitations of a classic Marshall behind. Each gain stage (with its own Volume control) has a UK and US Voicing mini switch. The Bright ch. Has a push/pull control to add extra highs. And the switches really do what you’d expect! Working with these 2 differently voiced gain stage Volumes provides a very wide palette of tones that you can’t get on either a classic Marshall 50w or Bassman. You begin experiencing OD at about 30% of the volume sweeps and from there the drive just thickens.

Then there is an overall Punch and Sag switch, to take you from GZ34 tube rectifier to solid state rectifier. In addition to the Traditional Presence, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls, there is a “Mood” dial that takes whatever voicing you’ve dialed in, and rolls between sweet and clean to thick and mean.

The Back Panel…
There are 3 pair of spkr outs for 4, 8, and 16 ohm loads. In addition there is a whole section for using your meter and setting up the biasing for EL34s, 6L6s, KT66, 5881, 6CA7s.

The Chassis…
Beautiful hand-wired tag board, on a custom aluminum chassis, with BIG oversized Mercury Magnetic transformers.
This amp has been designed for musicians by musicians. It’s a strong, loud amp – nothing whimpy about it. At low volumes the cleans are very solid and wide. This amp has a huge low end – not flabby at all, but big and tight. The mids and highs are strong, not scooped. Which provides for really nice full clean tones at lower volumes. Excellent for pedals!

Here is a link to pix of my amp: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... id=2129566

$975 plus shipping. I have set the price for this amp low to make it an attractive deal for somebody wanting a really nice hand-built Plexi/Bassman derivative 50w amp.

Nickcha
Patron Saint Of Moderation

Re: FS-Heriatge Colonial Head, Ex++ Cond. LOW PRICE

Postby Nickcha on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Here the chassis and tagbrd...

Nickcha

Re: FS-Heriatge Colonial Head, Ex++ Cond. LOW PRICE

Postby Nickcha on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:08 pm

PRICE LOWERED! I'll take $900 and pay the shipping to lower 48. However, if you use PayPal you'll need to add my fee as Seller, to the $900.

You can email me at nick@nickchamplin.com
Thanks!
Nickcha

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders