F/S Amps & Cabs ÷13 RSA31, Wallace JTM50 Custom

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

F/S Amps & Cabs ÷13 RSA31, Wallace JTM50 Custom

Postby Nickcha on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Amps & Cabs For Sale:

Wallace ’67 JTM50w Customized Replica

This is a custom made ’67 JTM50 in Royal Purple, that Brian Wallace built shortly after the success of his BKW45 (JTM45 Replica). It’s a traditional JTM50 w/ a GZ34 rectifier, and a little extra tweak in the design. Brian sent this amp to us at ToneFest about 6 years ago and it never went home. It’s a terrific performer. We had lots of Marshall Plexi style custom builds, as well as plenty of originals to play and compare. Brian’s amps just stand out. As an owner of an original ’67 Plexi 50w I can say that the Wallace has all the natural quality of an original w/ some extra warmth and punch added. I’ve run it with EL34s and 6CA7s and just puts out great sound with either.

Here is Brian Wallace’s description of the design, initial build and tweaks: “This is a 67 JTM50 design, that has been hot-rodded to more of a early 70's Marshall. The amp has Sozo caps, all Marstran (Drake clone) transformers, 784-128, 1202-118, and C1999 clones. The chassis is aluminum. F&T and LCR filter caps. The preamp voltage is lowered from stock, V2 cap added and the NFB has been lowered, meaning less signal getting back to the PI.”

The Wallace JTM50 is in top excellent condition with no flaws or issues. The amp is originally $1600. I will sell it with old Mullard EL34s or NOS 6CA7s for $1000.

Divided By 13 RSA31

I’m selling my ÷13 RSA31. Go here for details about this amp: http://www.dividedby13.com/rsa31.html. I have 2 ’61 AC30s and have owned many through the years. I love the AC30 vibe. And I immediately noticed the closeness of the RSA31 to the AC30 vibe. I’m particularly impressed with the distinction between the normal ch. And “Click” ch. w/ its punchy EQ adjustment. I don’t have to say much. There is a ton of fan mail all over the web about this amp.

Mine is in Ex+++ condition (like new), no dings, tears, or issues, black with an egg colored V, and comes with original monogrammed ÷13 cover, and 3 spare 5879 pre-amp tubes for the Click ch. $1600 + shipping.

Divided By 13 212 Cab w/ Scumbacks

I’m selling my Divided By 13 212 Cab loaded w/ Scumback H75s. This is the cab. Fred describes this cab as a, “Tuned, open back 2x12 cabinet made from 13 ply Finland Birch. It has a big, focused sound and is a perfect match for the FTR 37 and ERT 33 series heads. It has separate jacks for each speaker.”

This is one awesome sounding cab. Egg w/ black trim and paired with the Scumback H75s, this cab sounds fabulous with either the RSA31 head, and AC30 or Marshall-style amp. The Scumbacks are as sweet as ceramics get and just resonate in this cab. The cab is in Ex+++ condition (like new), no dings, tears, or issues, and comes with original monogrammed ÷13 cover. $750 + shipping.

Please feel free to email me (nick@nickchamplin.com).

Thanks for looking!
Nickcha
Patron Saint Of Moderation

Re: F/S Amps & Cabs ÷13 RSA31, Wallace JTM50 Custom

Postby MacG on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:05 am

How much would it cost to ship the Wallace to Europe ?
Does it have 230V taps on the PT ? (Brians PT´s usually have, but I can´t see that end of the board)

I miss my friend.. RIP Oakland Danny...

"Play it right, Dad ! No More Dwiddely Dwiddely !"
My son Adam at 3 years old. Best advice I ever got..
MacG
Knight

Re: F/S Amps & Cabs ÷13 RSA31, Wallace JTM50 Custom

Postby Nickcha on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Not sure what the shipping would be to Europe. I'll find out from Brian about the PT tap.
Nickcha
Patron Saint Of Moderation

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders