Haven't you seen/heard THIS??

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

Haven't you seen/heard THIS??

Postby radioegg on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Just stumbled upon Quinn Amplifiers today. My jaws dropped when I heard the first soundclip of the Quinnston Reverb. Can a Fender style amp sound any better? Yes, I would have to try both a Quinn and a lot of Fenders myself to say that for sure, but... I could not find anything about it here, so I decided to post this.

Well, see and hear for yourselves: http://www.quinnamp.com

Obviously, these amps are based on Fender designs, but they seems to have been improved in very clever ways. There are not many reviews to find. But the ones I found on Harmony Central were absolute raves!

I really hope that my next amp will be a Quinnston Reverb. Drool....
radioegg
Peasant

Re: Haven't you seen/heard THIS??

Postby gatorblue on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Don't know this company---they may be fine.

Before you spend $1750 on one of these, you might want to look at the 18 watt Dr.Z (Maz Jr). Unquestioned tone quality that can range from twin to marshall to AC30 sound, all class A tube (pre-and-power), good name recognition and high re-sale.

I play mainly my 37 Gibbe, my 54 bassman, my concert and my 59 bassman, but I had one of these Maz Jr's for 5 years and it was a dream in every way--can't say enough good things about them. Sold it for about what I paid and miss it to this day.

---Gator
"preacha' ain't supposed to steal, but I caught one in my cornfield."
--Gator
gatorblue
Peasant

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders