Expensive cabs/cheap JTM45?

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Re: Expensive cabs/cheap JTM45?

Postby Strat59 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Well waddya know ......... purchased by Ampaholics and had :-

1. Bulgin Re-installed
2. 2 x Marshall KT-66's replaced with 2 x GEC KT-66's
3. Black ? O/T removed and replaced with a 64/65 R/S Deluxe O/T
4. Brimar Rectifier left in

Asking Price = 4250 GBP for the Head Alone !
Even made the comment that the amp..... "seemed to have had 2 or 3 O/T's over the years" !!!

Those 2 Previous JTM-45's that passed in on Ebay failed to get any bids, and at least they were pretty much all Orig Spec.

***** Something we missed....... there is NO.... Ohm Selector :shock: .... How Bizaare , never seen that before.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Alnico on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Strat59 wrote: ***** Something we missed....... there is NO.... Ohm Selector :shock: .... How Bizaare , never seen that before.

Alnico wrote:This is the only block end chassis I've seen without an impedance selector.

8)

I commented on it, but I assumed the amp was too late for an RS output transformer. Perhaps as Ned suggests, they'd run out of Drakes, or maybe they unearthed a few RS transformers in the stores and put them to use.

The impedance selector was moved to the back panel when the 784-103 was introduced, and the voltage selector some time later, when the 1202-55 came in. There are plenty with only the impedance selector on the panel, but I've never seen another with only the voltage selector on the back panel.
Alnico
Knight

Postby LD50 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Strat59 wrote:Well waddya know ......... purchased by Ampaholics
Even made the comment that the amp..... "seemed to have had 2 or 3 O/T's over the years" !!!
Those 2 Previous JTM-45's that passed in on Ebay failed to get any bids, and at least they were pretty much all Orig Spec.
***** Something we missed....... there is NO.... Ohm Selector :shock: .... How Bizaare , never seen that before.

Where is the listing I had a look on Pauls site but could not see?
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby Strat59 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Alnico wrote:
Strat59 wrote: ***** Something we missed....... there is NO.... Ohm Selector :shock: .... How Bizaare , never seen that before.

Alnico wrote:This is the only block end chassis I've seen without an impedance selector.

8)

I commented on it, but I assumed the amp was too late for an RS output transformer. Perhaps as Ned suggests, they'd run out of Drakes, or maybe they unearthed a few RS transformers in the stores and put them to use.

The impedance selector was moved to the back panel when the 784-103 was introduced, and the voltage selector some time later, when the 1202-55 came in. There are plenty with only the impedance selector on the panel, but I've never seen another with only the voltage selector on the back panel.

Appologies ....... I missed that you had picked it up. :cheers:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:52 pm

LD50 wrote:
Strat59 wrote:Well waddya know ......... purchased by Ampaholics

Where is the listing I had a look on Pauls site but could not see?

I was chasing a JTM-45 and Paul sent me the pics / details as this had just come in. I still have the ebay lising and it is the same amp. Paul has done a good job trying to restore it to something closer to what it would have looked like. I was wanting an original stock example so passed on this. The missing
Ohm selector and the strange Serial # on the mains tranny we discussed at the time were cause for concern so I passed on it.

*** Just received an email that the amp has sold.
Strat59
Baron

Postby Ned B on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Interesting site to navigate. I enjoy the archive of previously available pieces, but it would be nice to have a search by "actually available" though I get how the tease can promote sales.
Ned B
Baron

Postby superstar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 am

i think he must make the majority of his sales through contacts, email lists, enquiries etc. i find the website absolutely awful to navigate or even find anything for sale, sorry if your reading this. some nice gear pics though.
superstar
Knight

Postby Banker on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 pm

He's almost exclusively reverse inquiry, not much outward sales effort.
When only pinstripe will do.
Banker
Squire

Postby Strat59 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Demand is outstripping supply these days. Stock is getting very thin on the ground.
Strat59
Baron

Postby Clanger on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Concerning the voltage selector and the history of tranny changes, I'd suggest that it left the factory with a 'selector on top' PT and the rear panel hole was originally filled by the impedance selector as usual.
"Please feel free to copy this information and use it to make friends and influence people at your favourite social gathering" - Doyle
Clanger
Knight

Previous

Return to eBay Watch