Deal of the century

This forum is for those who like to watch eBay auctions and those who want to alert the users of a specific auction.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum as a spam to promote your own auction unless you have over 100 posts. We ask that comments about auctions be kept civil as well as respectful. If your a business and would like to use our forum to promote your ebay auctions, please contact us directly before promoting auctions on this forum.

Deal of the century

Postby appetite4distortion on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 pm

http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:IT:1123

I bought one 70s checquerboard complete 4x12 cab for a similar price few years ago.. :)
Proud to be loud
appetite4distortion
Certified

Re: Deal of the century

Postby SGM1968 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi
I'm new to this forum & allthough I do own a couple of vintage Marshalls that I have had for years I am actually quite a novice when it comes to these things!
I have a pre june 1968 JMP50 & according to the guy I go to for my amp repairs its all original apart from one of the el34 valve sockets, The standbye switch & the red light indicator.
My tech has just replaced 3 of the amps capacitors & now the amp does run with alot less noise, He has given me the originals in a box & told me to keep them as part of the amps history/originality. It also has parts of the original logo broken off, I have the broken parts in a bag (somewhere) so in a way I do have the original logo!

My real question is would buying the above logo actually increase the value of my amp to the point of what the seller is asking for it??

As appetite4distortion says about buying a 70's chequeboard 4x12 for that kind of money a while ago I to actually paid the same amount for an all original pretty good condition 1968 basketweave 4x12 about 3 years ago from a one time well known person on this forum!

Has the world of vintage Marshalls gone mad or am I missing something?
SGM1968
Court Jester

Postby Humbucking on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

One in rougher shape just sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago. That one went for $600 or so. Does it increase the value of a plexi by $600+, who knows? I am just as happy with a $50 Music Ground repro.
Humbucking
Knight

Postby Strat59 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 am

Humbucking wrote:One in rougher shape just sold on ebay a couple of weeks ago. That one went for $600 or so. Does it increase the value of a plexi by $600+, who knows? I am just as happy with a $50 Music Ground repro.

+1 :thumbsup: The only Good thing about MG was those logos do look the business and for a decent price.

MG haven't registered on Italian Ebay now have they ?? :laff:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Ned B on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:46 am

I guess if a missing logo or wrong logo is the only thing lacking in an otherwise pristine head, bottom or combo a clean original with all the pins intact would add several hundred dollars of value or maybe more on a JTM45 level unit. I've had better luck scoring original logos attached to things. A couple of years ago I got a mint '69 empty head box with equally intact logo for $450. I tried on the last two that have recently come but have been beaten out at the 400 level. Last year one came up for $200 BIN and I snagged it quickly only to have the seller back out because USPS "ran over" the package. Then there was a bag of broken logos on ebay for a few quid that I took a chance on which yielded 3 complete plus a 4th minus the lls. I'm about eight short in my collection, but I can't rationalize 775, so I'll keep scavenging.
Ned B
Baron

Postby superstar on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:58 pm

I know where he has bought that logo too. I was kicking myself for missing it. It was on a near mint 2x10 cab on UK ebay a couple of months back. the pic of it on the grill cloth is from the original listing.

Those logos are rare in any condition. A mint one is worth a few hundred quid now. Supply & demand. Lots of demand, hardly any out there.
superstar
Knight

Postby Gooch on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Does anyone have a link to the MG logos on ePay? I tried searching but couldn't find them.
Dying ain't much of a living.
Gooch
Baron

Postby Ned B on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:44 pm

All their various accounts have been terminated.
Ned B
Baron

Return to eBay Watch