Moving overseas with a '61 Brown Deluxe

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Moving overseas with a '61 Brown Deluxe

Postby Fredduojet on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:47 pm

My wife took a teaching job in Spain and it looks like we'll be there for about five years. I want to bring my beloved '61 deluxe with me and of course the voltage issue comes up. So I talked with my tech in NY and he suggested a step down voltage converter that can bring 230 mains down to 115 or whatever half the mains is. Voltage in Spain is 230v. Aside from the Chinese-made garbage converters on Amazon, I found a brand (ACUPWR-USA) that is made in the US and seems very reputable. With lots of safety features and thermal protection. Has anybody been in a similar situation or have used their amp with one of these voltage transformers? I put a call in to the tech at their company.
Fredduojet
Peasant

Re: Moving overseas with a '61 Brown Deluxe

Postby stratele52 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:58 am

ACUPWR-USA look made good products.

Not shure about chinese are all garbage, it is not a rocket science to built a step down transformer.
stratele52
Knight

Postby dangonjim on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Best thing to do would be changing the Power transformer. It's a reversible mod.
dangonjim
Certified

Postby Fredduojet on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:20 pm

The simpler solution is the external step-down tranny. Got the ACUPWR AD-350 and it works like a charm. Amp sounds as good as back in the US. Spain is beautiful.
Fredduojet
Peasant

Return to Fender