Just bought this 1979 Silverface Fender Twin, opinions?

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Just bought this 1979 Silverface Fender Twin, opinions?

Postby djs259 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 pm

So I just ordered this 1979 Fender Twin Reverb loaded with EVM 12L speakers in what looks to be fine condition. Salesman insists he's buying it if I don't. Sounds that good, supposedly. Bright, clear, lush reverb.

What do you guys think? Right now I own a Fender Super Reverb 65' Reissue and a late 70's Fender Silverface Bassman Ten combo.

Where does this Twin fit into the picture, and what I can reasonably expect? I'm planning on using it with an MIA Strat and two hollow body Jazz guitars that i own.

Here's a link to some more photos:

http://imgur.com/a/foNMV
djs259
Peasant

Re: Just bought this 1979 Silverface Fender Twin, opinions?

Postby JJman on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:15 pm

I think that would be the "Ulra-Liner" 135watt model. Said to be the loudest & cleanest Twin. And those speaker look pretty massive too.
-If it says "Vintage" on it, it isn't.
JJman
Certified

Re: Just bought this 1979 Silverface Fender Twin, opinions?

Postby OldSchoolDave on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 pm

djs259 wrote:What do you guys think? Right now I own a Fender Super Reverb 65' Reissue and a late 70's Fender Silverface Bassman Ten combo.

Where does this Twin fit into the picture, and what I can reasonably expect? I'm planning on using it with an MIA Strat and two hollow body Jazz guitars that i own.

If you want clean at any volume, that's the amp to get. It's nearly impossible to break up. Great speakers, too.

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...
http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
OldSchoolDave
Prince

Return to Fender