Bassbreaker 15 schemo?

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Bassbreaker 15 schemo?

Postby satamax on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi everybody.

Well, i haven't posted here for several years. Life gets in the way!

For my own education, has anybody seen a bassbreaker schemo, or a pcb, that i could check? What i'm wondering, is how much solid state there is in those heads. Reverb, i bet! But the rest?

Thanks a lot guys.

Max.
Huh?
satamax
Baron

Location: French Alps, south east France right on the Italian border.

Re: Bassbreaker 15 schemo?

Postby Dean Jr. on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:39 pm

The reverb for sure is in the SS domain. I would think that the rest of the signal processing is in the tube domain....with the general topography of a 5F6A Bassman. It may not run the cathode follower that is in the 5F6A....or it may. ??
My thought...IF you want something in this vein, the Pro Sonic from '96-2002 is a much better amp....much better built, more versatile, all-tube.
IMho, the PRo Sonic is the best amp Fender has built since 1985 IF one is talking versatility along with construction. The CS handwired amps may beat it for construction...barely. None of those CS amps can compete for versatility, though.
Dean Jr.
Page

Re: Bassbreaker 15 schemo?

Postby satamax on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:56 am

Thanks a lot Dean jr.

But i wouldn't touch a custom shop amp for modding :mrgreen:

I still have sound city PA amps. Some old single ended and push pull radios. A 8080 marshall, which is dead, and is planed to be converted to tube.

And i would love to see the circuit used in the bassbreaker, to mod that into an old sound city PA I have done the hiwatt thing before. Not the bassman. I have messed with a DR103 that i revived, three L100, two or three L120. Two or three BF bassman. Two BF bandmasters. A 64 super reverb chassis bought form the US, retrofited into a bassman 10 cab, that i found in France. Two top boost ac 30. Had also a MKIIB boogie. A JTM60. An Eko amp.

I wouldn't mind buying a secondhand bassbreaker head. To see if what they rave about is gibberish, or reality. Another one i'm lusting for, is a hi gain hiwatt 50. I've heard it first hand. And it's nice sounding for a modern amp. I would love to delve into old brown, blonde and tweeds too.

I like to listen to theses two geezers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjzFAY_7amY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KazSA5w1QOM

This the videos which raised my interest.

Thanks again.

Max.
Huh?
satamax
Baron

Location: French Alps, south east France right on the Italian border.

Return to Fender