Moral Support: NOS GZ34 For My 1962 Vibrolux?

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Re: Moral Support: NOS GZ34 For My 1962 Vibrolux?

Postby pdf64 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 am

Great job, well done :thumbsup:
One point for improvement is the safety ground.
Modern electrical equipment regs require a dedicated fastener for the safety ground to chassis conenction, with good reason; if a fastener is under physical stress / load, over time it's more likely to get loose.
So it's poor practice to put the only safety critical connection in the amp under one of the 4 fasteners that are under the most physical stress in the amp; I've noticed that PT bolts on old Fenders can work loose.
IN the SF era, the tab was soldered down as well as being under the nut.
My band:-http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand
pdf64
Knight

Postby Fenderfan on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:30 am

HI. I just picked up a '65 Super Reverb and saw that it's missing the GZ34 tube and socket. Just a plate covering the hole. Is there some circuitry within the chassis that is handling the job of that tube? If so what would that looks like? Why would someone remove that assembly?
Fenderfan
Peasant

Postby keithb7 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:36 am

It would be interesting to learn more info about your amp. Missing a tube rectifier, we might assume it too has been converted to solid state rectification. If you are comfortable pulling your chassis and taking pics we should be able to sort it out.
keithb7
Court Jester

Previous

Return to Fender