Bassman Mods

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Bassman Mods

Postby Highwaystar on Mon Jun 18, 2001 3:11 am

OK I have in my hands a SF Bassman AB165 circuit(originally). <BR>It has been modified by Tracey Sands. The guy that owns this thing has tried for two years too contact this guy, Nothing. <BR>My question is do any of you know what this mod might be. It has some what a BF circuit and only runs three preamp tube with the PI being a 12AT7(other are AX). The power tubes are TunSol 5881's,this thing sounds Clean hot<P>Also the normal channel only has the volume knob but is not a master.<P>Any help would save some hair.
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Re: Bassman Mods

Postby deltablues on Mon Jun 18, 2001 2:54 pm

What "mod" are you trying to figure out? Sounds like a normal bassman.<P>Did you just compare the wiring and component values to the Bassman AB165 layout drawing? What were the differences?
Schematic Heaven
"Where All Good Designs Await Resurrection..."
Schematic Heaven BBS
Lots of Good Technical Info
deltablues
Certified

Postby Highwaystar on Sat Jun 23, 2001 2:08 pm

To bring this up again.<BR>The whole amp is a mod. I guess I should ask what was this thing made to?<BR>The values are not of the AB165. It is more of a BF AA864 with alot of things changed and missing, along with a EFX loop anded. <P>The 12AT7 is a 12AY7, My type-O<P>Thanks
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Postby deltablues on Sat Jun 23, 2001 10:13 pm

There's no way to tell you what the amp's configuration is just by naming some tech that might have worked on it. Most people don't have trademark mods that involve rewiring the entire amp.<P>Your best bet is to just put the amp back to its original state as an AB165. It's not that big of a deal if you have a soldering iron, the AB165 Layout diagram, and a handful of parts.<P>If this is beyond your ability, take it to a good tech. The bassman isn't that complicated of a circuit...
Schematic Heaven
"Where All Good Designs Await Resurrection..."
Schematic Heaven BBS
Lots of Good Technical Info
deltablues
Certified

Postby Highwaystar on Sun Jun 24, 2001 4:09 am

Ok after much home work it looks like he used a AB165 curcuit and threw it away. Started over and made a 5F6(or 5F6A) curcuit. Checking values and locations of caps/resistors it is closer to this old bassman curcuit. with only a few things left out.<BR>The S/S rec section has a few extra resistors and caps on it. This is comparing it to the AB165 and AA864(close it seems). <P>DeltaBlues,<BR>I agree with you on the tech subject. Heck most don't record what they do to amps.<P>I would also like to thank you for your responses. I know its hard to responed to a vague question. I'll try to post some pictures of it.<BR>I spent time to draw it out for a future project.<P>thanks again
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Return to Fender