Anyone know a source for blue paktron caps?

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Anyone know a source for blue paktron caps?

Postby deltablues on Tue Jun 19, 2001 10:21 am

In another thread the subject of the original blue mylar paktron capacitors came up. (The one's that came in the 60's & early 70's Fender Amps).<P>Does anyone know any techs out there that have these in stock?
Schematic Heaven
"Where All Good Designs Await Resurrection..."
Schematic Heaven BBS
Lots of Good Technical Info
deltablues
Certified

Re: Anyone know a source for blue paktron caps?

Postby Bluesky on Tue Jun 19, 2001 2:57 pm

I don't think that they are available as new caps, but there are some folks that have them laying around. I have a few pulls from old amps. Dan Torres used to sell them too, though I believe that they are referred to as tubular Mallories. I am not familiar with the paktrons.
Bluesky
Certified

Postby deltablues on Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:06 pm

I realize they're not being made anymore. And thanks for the tip on come people calling them blue mallories. But I'm pretty sure Paktron was the one that made them, although I could be wrong. <P>I'll check with Torres thanks.<P>If you'd be interested in selling the pulls you have (as long as the leads aren't cut REAL short), shoot me an email with your price, values, and quantities of each.<P>Thanks<BR> larry@deltabluesman.com
Schematic Heaven
Schematic Heaven BBS
deltablues
Certified

Postby mike1 on Wed Jun 20, 2001 3:46 am

This place has some values in stock, not many but you can give it a check:<P>[URL=http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/capbarbin.html  
mike1
Page

Postby deltablues on Thu Jun 21, 2001 1:44 pm

UPDATE:<P>Skip "Torres" as a source for these. First check out the prices: (These are "pulls" not NOS).<P>.1's - $3 ea<BR>.047's - $6 ea<BR>.022's - $12 ea !!!<P>So like I was, you'd probably be expecting caps that are in pretty damn good shape at those prices right?<P>But in addtion to those prices, if you have to contend with leads that have been cut off as short as 3/8", and the very longest leads only being 3/4". <P>Ie., you'd have to solder your own leads on to them just to make em useable.<P>The only thing I can figure was that it was faster to "cut" them out than to just desolder them.<P>I guess I lost my mind for a second and thought maybe he'd be a good source for something. But true to form as always, he's always pain to deal with on anything. :confused:
Schematic Heaven
Schematic Heaven BBS
deltablues
Certified

Return to Fender