Pearl Amplifier????

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Pearl Amplifier????

Postby 78FenderTwin on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:54 pm

Anybody here ever heard of Pearl (yes the drum company) amplifiers? I just bought one for $200.00. It looks and sounds great! I thought it was a Fender Twin for a second, same shape, size, everything. Almost identical to a Twin, except it is solid state/tube combo. It is made in Japan, and it has Pearl speakers. It looks to be about 20 years old. Trouble is i cannot find any info on the internet about this amp. No one seems to have ever heard of it. It is called a Duo Reverb, model Pft-101. Has reverb, tremolo just like a Twin. Even the faceplate is silver w/blue lettering. Any one know these amps?
78FenderTwin
Peasant

Re: Pearl Amplifier????

Postby 78FenderTwin on Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:34 pm

here is one reply i got to an email:

Hi !
well I've a few Pearls,they are always a copy of some well known brands(take
yours:"P"earl "F"ender "T"win 101).I believe they're made in Japan in the
late 70's.
My two Pearls(only "heads") are both solid state and I don't know if they
brought out some valve amps,but they seem like "real"guitar amp's;but Pearl
also made some other guitar hardware s.a.tape-echo chambers and even brought
out some series of electric guitars.
The other Pearl I've is an Echo tape chamber.It's under the
Pearl"VORG"brand.It uses an 8-track cassette as echo tape.So it must be from
the 70's 'cause the 8-track cassette "died"at the end of the 70's!Currently
I'm repairing a Pearl"Vorg EP 101"echo chamber with endless tape.
I also seen some nice Pearl LesPauls copy's,with DiMarsio humbuckers ! I
don't know if the DiMarsio's were original ,but according my info they where
!Don't know if they had some Strat and/or other copy's on the market!(I
think I've a (NoName-) LesPaul(with DM-humbuckers)from the same company who
produced the Pearls,but not sure...very cheap,with plywood body,and
light...so light...seems to have no"body"underneath....)
I'm still researching the Pearl brand,so:if you have some additional
info=very welcome !!!!
greetings from "lordbizarre's electric guitar and amp
museum"Leuven,Belgium,?pe !
Whenever visiting Belgium:very wellcome !!!!!!!!

ivan alias lordbizarre

"lordbizarre's electric guitar and amp museum"

http://www.lordbizarre.com

Rock! electric guitar and amplifier repair

leuven,belgium,europe

0032 495260531
78FenderTwin
Peasant

Postby Jeppe Crumbland on Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:28 am

I have a small Pearl combo with a rocker switch for distortion on/off and somekinda phaser effect. The combo is housed in a metal roadcase with a door and hinges. and the power-cord comes out out from the front panel. Its been broken for several years and I´ve been searching for info on it since. I´ve never even heard anyone know about em.
Jeppe Crumbland
Certified

Postby Jeppe Crumbland on Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:52 am

OK. I pulled out my little Pearl combo and kicked it around for a while. It was crackling and rattling real bad but after a while I got to work. It sounds pretty good. It must have at least a tube preamp section because it sounded great when I dimed the volume. Very good distortion.

Turns out the phaser wasnt´t a phaser at all but an analog delay effect ( that doesnt work, never has) and the distortion from the rocker switch sounds like ****e.

One day I´ll have to take it apart to see what´s inside it
Jeppe Crumbland
Certified

Postby roslina on Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:29 am

Hi, I heve one. It's name is VORG - 101, and it's a head. It have two canals one with volume/treble/middle/bass, and the second the same as the first, but with the reverb. Both canals have the master volume. They have boots switch. On the beck there are: foot switch in, line out, speakers and regulation to reverb's.
I don't no anything about it. I now that when I'm playing volume for 5, and master volume for 5, drums are only the background :D ... so it must be powerfull.
On the ebay.de I have seen VORG bass 101.
P.S.
Of course, that isn't tube amp. ( and sorry for my english :/ )
roslina
Peasant

Postby Trevor6666 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:19 pm

I have one also, its been stored, now it wont work, im thinking of putting it on ebay for spares or repair.
An electric engineer said its to old to repair, so ebay here we come in next couple of days, hopefully it will benifit someone who might need parts.
Trevor6666
Peasant

Postby dread_lion on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:18 pm

I have one too, Twin reverb copy,solid state.
They dont sound half bad for a solid state amp, absolutely japanese. If i'm not mistaking, they even have the same gray paper in oil caps you find in ELK amps, and in Guyatone amps. For the price they go, as a practice amp, they are really great. Also a good donor for parts if you want a build a fender copy tube amp (although some may find that offensive). I almost gutted mine, but then descided that no working amp should be destroyed to build something else.
vintage baby
dread_lion
Page

Postby peter58 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi all :)
I have this PFT101 still working since 1979, it cost me then about today's 800$

I still use it when I play in public although I have some spares too, one never knows :)

Its great fun, I love it's sound, especially with my old Epi hollowbody of around 1975. Together they really howl !!

Just a small problem, the tremolo doesn't work anymore and of cours, no tech-guy willing to take some time to have a look, that's how it is nowadays. Sure, it's old stuff. So what ? Every time I play with it people are amazed.

I would be happy with some techdoc but still haven't found that, even on the net so if anybody .... :)
peter58
Peasant

Postby Sean Camp on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm not sure who made PEARL guitar amps but it seems to me they also made many (as in more than 10)Fender LOOKING brands.Try searching oter brands such as JARMAN, ELK and maybe EMC.
Love Ya, Buh-By.
Sean Camp
Page

Postby dread_lion on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:59 am

i actually dont think they are related. There where many of these companies making fender clones in Japan in those days. Search a bit more on brands like Guyatone and ELK (also ROYAL), and you will find that there where similarities, but they where made by different companies
vintage baby
dread_lion
Page

Postby R.Reid on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:20 am

I purchased a Pearl PV-800 Amp about 6 years ago off e-bay. It is the head only. It has 8 channels,and Reverb, and Echo. The reverb works great but have had no luck with the echo mode. It is a 250 watt, and very well built. The name on it is Pearl Musical Instrument Company. I would like to fine a schematic for it and try and repair the echo part of it. Has anyone heard of or know if another company made these for Pearl?
R.Reid
Peasant

Postby PeterS on Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:42 pm

That doesn't sound like a guitar amp. Does the echo use tape?
PeterS
King

Postby R.Reid on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:01 pm

My gutar sounds great when played thru the PV-800. It has 6 channels. Each Channel has a 3-position toggle labeled Reverb/Off/Echo, then treble, bass, and volume knob, under that another 3 position toggle labeled -50dB/ St-By / -20dB, and then a Phono Plug Labeled Mic -1, Mic-2, etc for each channel. On the Right side top, a 3-position toggle labeled On / Off / On, below that Pearl Musical Instrument Company, belwo that a an output meter, below that 4 knobs, labeled Master Volume, Line Volume, Echo Volume, and Reverb Volume. Below that there are 2 input jacks. One is labeled IN, and one labeled Out with a white line between the two jacks with the word Echo above the white line. There is 2 Speaker out jacks on the back. I play my guitar by plugging it into one of the six Mic Jacks, and get good reverb when switch is set to that position. I Plug my amp speaker into the Speaker out jack. It does not have an Echo Tape in it. I have had it out of the cabinet and cleaned all the pots since all were "scratchy". I really am not sure what I have. A manual and schematic would be great to have.
R.Reid
Peasant

Postby R.Reid on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:18 am

Here are some Photos of the Pearl PV-800 Amp or Mixer, or whatever it isthat I'm trying to find some info about
Attachments
DSC_0123.JPG
Photo of back of Amp
DSC_0121.JPG
Photo of Front Control Panel
DSC_0128.JPG
Photo of Pearl PV-800 Amp??
R.Reid
Peasant

Postby Pacafeliz on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:15 am

i have nothing more to add than that i have a pearl analog delay which i've been using for over 15 years now.

i've had the boss dm-2 and dm-3, the ibanez ad-9 and all those "classics" and sold them. kept the pearl. more versatile. more delay time.
RULES.

Pat. :D
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Next

Return to Fender