Help me date this bass man TEN please

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Help me date this bass man TEN please

Postby fretprodigy on Sun May 14, 2017 12:15 am

any info you can give me on this would greatly be appreciated! Couldn't find any stamps by the tube chart. Rescued this from a basement.
fretprodigy
Peasant

Re: Help me date this bass man TEN please

Postby stratele52 on Mon May 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Wich Bassman 10 ? :laff:

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-s ... assman-10/

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. :(
stratele52
Knight

Postby stratele52 on Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 am

fretprodigy,

Hello !
stratele52
Knight

Postby jaywalker on Tue May 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello fretprodigy and welcome to the forum.
There are two or three versions. Here's some info that can help sort it out- The Fender Amp Field Guide
Dating it closer can be done by looking at various component manufacturing codes know as "EIA" codes. These can be deciphered and usually give a month and week of production and the last number of the year. When combined with other indicators such as the cosmetic features like covering, grill cloth, etc. can nail it down fairly close. Note that many components were purchased in bulk so they may have sat in a bin at the factory for some time before assembly.

some EIA. codes

Some pictures would help. You must upload pictures to a host such as photobucket.com then copy the "IMG" of each picture then paste it into your post (be sure to click "preview" to see the picture appear) once you see it then click "submit"
jaywalker
Baron

Return to Fender