PR-266 Twin power cord replacement

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

PR-266 Twin power cord replacement

Postby Skymagnet on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Hey! I am trying to replace a PR-266 Twin power cord and I can't seem to find a good picture of the inside of one to find out where thee wires are placed...any help would be appreciated :)

I thought the white was on the right above the black cable, but I have found two pictures online now where the black and white cables are on the same sides.
Skymagnet
Peasant

Re: PR-266 Twin power cord replacement

Postby Dean Jr. on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Skymagnet, what is a PR-266 Twin? That is a new one for me?
Also....imho, one should not be inside a chassis unless one has some basic understanding of what goes on in there. I take it that this is some sort of modern amp that has a switch with multiple connections? IF so, then a multimeter can tell a person what poles should be connected to what wires....IF one understands how those wires should be arranged to get their current to the PT primary.
Your question is to indefinite to invite response regarding how to go about wiring that up. Other than safety precautions, ONE of the basic guidelines when working on unfamiliar circuits is to take pictures or make drawings before taking things apart. One other thing to do is to study the original wiring before taking it apart to become acquainted with the circuit in question. That drawing tends to imprint things better than a picture, but a picture is...in the old phrase's wisdom...worth a thousand words.
Dean Jr.
Page

Re: PR-266 Twin power cord replacement

Postby stratele52 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Dean Jr. wrote:Skymagnet, what is a PR-266 Twin? That is a new one for me?

That drawing tends to imprint things better than a picture, but a picture is...in the old phrase's wisdom...worth a thousand words.

+1 for picture, I never heard and never see a PR226 Twin.
stratele52
Knight

Return to Fender