NAD '62 Concert

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

NAD '62 Concert

Postby jb62 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm a newbie to this forum who recently became the proud owner of a 1962 Fender Concert amp. I bought it from the original owner's estate and have yet to plug it in for fear of destroying it. It is completely original with the exception of what I believe is the amp handle. It has the original Oxfords and vibrato floor switch. A couple very small cigarette burns on the top of the brown tolex are the only physical blemishes. My question for those far more knowledgeable than I is what amp handle did a May, 1962 Concert come with from the factory? Brown dog bone with the Fender name on it? It currently has a doubled over leather strap. Thank you all in advance and I hope to be able to contribute in some way to this valuable site.
jb62
Peasant

Re: NAD '62 Concert

Postby Dean Jr. on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

congrats..... That amp would have had a Dogbone handle...not a leather strap handle.
Found a tech? Imho, you are wise to not fire it up without some precautions. An amp should be visually inspected by an experienced tech before being put on a VAriac, imho. Tubes should be tested to assure their basic function. That amp is worth a god tech's charges.
Dean Jr.
Page

Return to Fender