Brown Vibrolux Qs

Bandmaster, Bassman, Champ, Concert, Deluxe, Harvard, Princeton, Pro, Super, Tremolux, Twin, Vibrasonic, Vibrolux, Vibroverb and others

Brown Vibrolux Qs

Postby TheGuitarFairy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:34 pm

hi friends,
i have opportunity to pick up a brown vibrolux ... trannies are original, cabinet/tolex is pretty clean, non original, older fender utah? speaker.
assuming caps are mostly original and i dig how it sounds, is 1.5k a good price? and if so, will i w/o too much difficulty be able to get that amount back if i choose to pass it along?
thanks so much for help,
mike
TheGuitarFairy
Peasant

Re: Brown Vibrolux Qs

Postby Dean Jr. on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

That is right in the middle of excellent, all-original book value. We can't see the amp, so your assessment is all we have.
IT will need work because those original electrolytics need to go, and the AC power in will need to be updated.
I would want to give a little bit less. IF I owned it, it would be recapped and ready to go....and would be worth a little more than $1500, imho. That non-original speaker hurts the amp's value in a large way, imho.
Dean Jr.
Page

Postby drewleslie on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Can't go wrong with a brown vibrolux ... hope the traanies are good.
How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber? Ask them to pronounce 'unionized'.
drewleslie
Knight

Postby TheGuitarFairy on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:14 pm

thank you, fellas

seller says amp has been well maintained and is running strong.
i'm going to take it for a spin later today

guess i'm mostly wondering if i'll be able to get do-re-mi back out of it if/when i choose to pass it along.

best,
m
TheGuitarFairy
Peasant

Postby keithb7 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Nobody can tell you the answer to your question. There are way too many variables. If you buy the Vibrolux, enjoy it. Its a risk. If it turns out you don't like it and need to sell it, you may, or may not recover all your investment. I own a 1962 Vibrolux. It is a wonderful amp. I doubt I will ever sell it.
keithb7
Court Jester

Postby Gasstationman on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:54 pm

A Brown Vibrolux can't have had a hard life if the PT is original.
Anders Gson
Gasstationman
Certified

Postby Bern1 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Love those amps! Even if the PT is original and good, you are only one bad bias resistor or loose solder joint thereto
away from blowing the OT. Plus remember those combos see a bit more vibration than a top and bottom.

I would make sure it gets a thorough going through. A good after market speaker like a Weber will make it a great player. A good original speaker will cost $ and be hard to find.
Bern1
Court Jester

Return to Fender