One for the very early Marshall experts

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

Re: One for the very early Marshall experts

Postby demonufo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:07 am

OH MY GIDDY AUNT! WHAT A PIECE! :shock:

Holy schmoly. I feel sick having not spotted that. :crybaby:
Git orffff moi lannnddddd!!

http://www.myspace.com/molotovsexbomb
demonufo
Baron

Postby rlivesey on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

spaman wrote:
Strat59 wrote:Interesting one. 100% Not a Marshall for mine. But what it is ??? Parmeko Trannie. R/S O/T :?

100% DEFINITELY from Marshall stable! I'm the owner of the this chassis and there is NO doubt its not a clone,copy etc. Also no doubt that it was made in the 1960s. Its all original and untouched apart from the bias slider (& resistor) that I reckon was done by Marshall later in the '60s. Predates any production models,coffin logo etc-more pics posted soon-been offered 6K so far

William my boy! Good to see you here, in fact this is probably the first time I've ever seen you post on an internet forum!

How's your bum for spots?

Rob x
rlivesey
Page

Postby 908ssp on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Do I understand properly that the pictures on page 2 of this thread were pictures of the amp in question? If so there are numerous solder joints and replaced wires so the assertion that it is 100% original doesn't pass muster.
Alex
908ssp
Prince

Postby demonufo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 pm

For under £300 I really wouldn't care either way. :lol:

demonufo
Baron

Postby spaman on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 pm

rlivesey wrote:
spaman wrote:
Strat59 wrote:Interesting one. 100% Not a Marshall for mine. But what it is ??? Parmeko Trannie. R/S O/T :?

100% DEFINITELY from Marshall stable! I'm the owner of the this chassis and there is NO doubt its not a clone,copy etc. Also no doubt that it was made in the 1960s. Its all original and untouched apart from the bias slider (& resistor) that I reckon was done by Marshall later in the '60s. Predates any production models,coffin logo etc-more pics posted soon-been offered 6K so far

William my boy! Good to see you here, in fact this is probably the first time I've ever seen you post on an internet forum!

How's your bum for spots?

Rob x

Bums in great shape! Ta!
Willx
spaman
Peasant

Postby spaman on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:38 pm

908ssp wrote:Do I understand properly that the pictures on page 2 of this thread were pictures of the amp in question? If so there are numerous solder joints and replaced wires so the assertion that it is 100% original doesn't pass muster.

The first amp on that page is mine,the second is someone elses. All joints/wires are original other than the slider & resistor already mentioned
spaman
Peasant

Postby spaman on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm

demonufo wrote:For under £300 I really wouldn't care either way. :lol:

Exactly! I cant understand why people didnt get stick in with the bidding as the output tranny alone is worth double what I paid for the amp!!
Will
spaman
Peasant

Postby demonufo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Even if I was convinced it was a mock-up (and I'm convinced it is the real deal) I'd have happily paid nearly three times that much.
To say I'm incredibly jealous would be a lie. It's sooooo much more than that. :lol:

demonufo
Baron

Postby LD50 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:47 pm

spaman wrote:

Exactly! I cant understand why people didnt get stick in with the bidding as the output tranny alone is worth double what I paid for the amp!!
Will

I would not go that far! My RS deluxe OT cost me £150. My bid of £250 or so was based on the value of an OT.

Great buy - tone report?
All bleeding stops.......eventually.
LD50
Prince

Postby MajorWatt on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 pm

rlivesey wrote:A good friend of mine locally has just picked up this amp. It is housed in a homemade cab at the moment, but it shows all the signs of being a very early JTM45. Can any of you shed any light on it?

He's checked all the values and it matches exactly an early JTM45 he owned a few years ago, even down to Mullard diodes of the same type etc. All the caps and pots are RS.

Here's one pic follwed by a link to 14 in a gallery. All input welcome.

http://www.roblivesey.com/download

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob, you've forgotten more about old Marshalls than I ever knew... I couldn't begin to answer that question without talking out my ass... :cheers:
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby spaman on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:21 pm

LD50 wrote:
spaman wrote:

Will

I would not go that far! My RS deluxe OT cost me £150. My bid of £250 or so was based on the value of an OT.

Great buy - tone report?

Blimey! I wish I could buy them for £150! The last 3 or 4 I've sold on ebay went from between £450 & £650 ($1000). This was the only reason I bought the amp!..................................
spaman
Peasant

Postby spaman on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:24 pm

LD50 wrote:
spaman wrote:

Will

Great buy - tone report?

Tone report? believe it or not,I havent gotten round to firing her up other than the initial tests to make sure it works. To be honest,at this rarity level,I'm not sure it matters!
spaman
Peasant

Postby TM1 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 am

Rob, Will; Hi ya mates!! Glad to see both ya here. Course I don't get here that much these days as I'm busy playing shows with the band. Rob, I've still got that lovely Jan. 11th, `72 #1986 head. It sounds wonderful! And Will, I still have that 1964 Vox AC-30 N that we traded for. According to Jim, they didn't do the charcoal Rexine but for a few short months... And yeah Will, I've still got the `59 Selmer Futurama guitar we traded. Trying to figure a way to come over around Musikmesse time in April.
Will, that amp is sensational! I know you emailed me a number of times about it when you aquired it. Glad to see you've hung onto it. Do I still have the Right of First Refusal if you sell it...?
Cheers my friends!
Don Butler
TM1
Squire

Postby rlivesey on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Don,

Glad to hear you still have that Marshall, that must have been 15 years ago now !? If you can make it over to see us sometime that would be great, you'd be welcome to stay with us, we have plenty of room.

I just noticed that an amp on the the top of the pile of JTM's on the Plexi Palace homepage has an almost identical black panel and a black badge. I think if Victor could chime in about that amp it would clear up any doubt once and for all.

http://vintageamps.com/

Rob.
rlivesey
Page

Postby spaman on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 am

TM1 wrote:Rob, Will; Hi ya mates!! Glad to see both ya here. Course I don't get here that much these days as I'm busy playing shows with the band. Rob, I've still got that lovely Jan. 11th, `72 #1986 head. It sounds wonderful! And Will, I still have that 1964 Vox AC-30 N that we traded for. According to Jim, they didn't do the charcoal Rexine but for a few short months... And yeah Will, I've still got the `59 Selmer Futurama guitar we traded. Trying to figure a way to come over around Musikmesse time in April.
Will, that amp is sensational! I know you emailed me a number of times about it when you aquired it. Glad to see you've hung onto it. Do I still have the Right of First Refusal if you sell it...?
Cheers my friends!
Don Butler

Hi Don,
Hope you and your own are well.
You got first right if the dough is right!! Actually,the last offer was well into 4 figures,its climbing every week!
would be great to see you in April-if we go out for a meal,dont let Livesy near the wine!
Take it easy
Will
"If a dog is born in a stable,it dont make it a horse"
spaman
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Marshall